Cardiff Council and Llandaff North Residents' Association have a show garden at the RHS show Cardiff 2012. Afterwards, the garden will be moved to its permanent site in Llandaff North.

29 March 2012

Problem overcome

The show manager emailed me today to tell me that our planned fence height of 1m (1.45m including the staging) was acceptable, but has to be finished to a high standard on the reverse side to the garden.

However I was lying in bed last night (when I get all my best ideas!) and thought that instead of having the fence in two sections of different heights along the whole length, I'd shorten the fence length, and have  a section at the front of the garden at ground level. (I had previously thought of having 3 sections at different heights, but when drawn up it looked like a wave break you see on the beach!)

This should allow approaching visitors a glimpse of the garden and the mural, and entice them into the space, wanting to see more of what is behind the fence. It also keeps the feel of the 'real' garden site back in Llandaff North. I'm going to play with dimensions.and draw it up properly.

This is what I love about garden design: finding solutions to problems (that we all have in our gardens)!

Here are the latest photos. 



No comments: