I cycled down to the nursery again today after the Easter break (which was spent working my day job, which thankfully means I get this week off - thanks Linda!)
Colin and John were making our wooden noticeboard which looked good, topped off with some oak kindly found for us by the one of the council woodland team, Richard Cornock, who I'm hoping is going to engrave something suitable on it: 'Llandaff North Community Noticeboard' if it fits (and Colin remembers, because I didn't write it down!)
Still waiting for the streetlight to be acquired from the council highways dept. That sounds bad. We aren't stealing it - it's an old one they won't be using again.
Just an example of things left for me to do
- Sort out the show garden signage ie design, print and find an A3 laminator
- Email the leaflet information to our sponsors Brett, ready to be printed
- Clean up/paint the lectern and leaflet holder
- Finish painting the mural
- Send out a press release
- Try and make sense of a planting plan!
- Pick up the plants
Two of our LNRA committee, Del and Ian, are getting married on Saturday (and postponing their wedding so they can attend the show!), so I need to fit in a haircut and shopping trip for something to wear too.