Cardiff Council and Llandaff North Residents' Association have a show garden at the RHS show Cardiff 2012. Afterwards, the garden will be moved to its permanent site in Llandaff North.

30 April 2012

Update


Just a quick update on what's been happening over the past few days.
On Saturday, LNRA held a volunteer event at our Cow and Snuffers garden. Margaret and I went to a stables in the morning to get some manure, but it was so wet it was difficult to put onto the truck and we were sliding down the mountain of muck and I nearly lost my wellies! Good job we had no cameras! At the event itself, we forked in the manure we did manage to get, raked over the soil prior to planting and Margaret cut the grass. We just need to plant up and re-stain the benches now. The event was facilitated by park ranger Gareth Stamp, who commented that as we have a tree on site and the benches will be black, the C&S garden could win a gold medal (refer to the judges comments on a previous post)! Touché! Made me laugh though.

I'm hoping to arrange to pick up our seat, paving etc from the nursery this week.

It's been a weird few days following the intensity of constructing the show garden. I've dreamed about the garden several times and would wake up at 6am thinking 'what have I got to do today?', then realise that it's all over. Going through all my paperwork and accumulated stuff was hard too. I'm a bit sentimental.

I'm just going through a load of photos of the show, and will post here soon.


No comments: