Cardiff Council and Llandaff North Residents' Association have a show garden at the RHS show Cardiff 2012. Afterwards, the garden will be moved to its permanent site in Llandaff North.

24 April 2012

Breakdown day 2

I struggled to wake up this morning, so stayed in bed until the luxurious time of 7.30am!
Onsite, the marquees etc were still being taken down and another three council staff and John and Colin arrived to start the breakdown while the weather was dry. However, frustratingly they were diverted to other tasks, but I did help put the pavers onto pallets, which are being stored at the nursery before going to Broxron and Moruzzi's yard in Caerphilly. The rest of the breakdown will be fitted around their other tasks, so who knows when it will be finished. Therefore today was my last day on site. I managed to hold it together though.


I received a phone call from my union regional officer reminding me I had two union meetings today (I'm on leave,but what the hell...!), so I ended up going to Swansea in the afternoon for a meeting. A 2 hour meeting was more tiring than doing the show garden and after the recent 'highs', was a rather unwelcome reintroduction back to my day job and all the c**p going on in the NHS!

Before I left though, I called in to see head of the Bute park nursery, Nigel, to give him and his team a thank you card and a box of chocs. I felt a tear well up and once I started, I couldn't stop!

I intend going to Wedal Rd to see Rob when he's free and give him a copy of the RHS medal card, and doubt I'll be able to hold it together then too!

My camera has packed up, so no photos of me blubbing. which is just as well I think!


No comments: