Cardiff Council and Llandaff North Residents' Association have a show garden at the RHS show Cardiff 2012. Afterwards, the garden will be moved to its permanent site in Llandaff North.

14 April 2012

Build: day 1

Got home just after 3pm and couldn't resist posting!

Got to the site after 8am and had a H&S briefing from the RHS. Finally got to meet show manager Lucinda, who I think does her job brilliantly: It's difficult keeping everyone happy and in line, but it's done in a pragmatic, friendly way. It really is well organised. The exhibitors were busy working away, but I thought there was a sense of calm. Wait a few days though and that will probably change!

There are some really great gardens this year, and some were whipping through their builds. We had a good natter with Gaynor Whitchard who was very friendly and it was great talking to all the designers/builders.

Our build went OK. The new plot position is better as we have more space to work. The ground was a bit uneven though, which was a bit fiddly for the guys. Colin and john were joined by coucnil colleagues John (2!) and Fred. Admittedly Louise and I were mostly standing about watching, and even fitted in a visit to Pettigrew's, the new cafe in Bute park for a hot chocolate!

The main structure of the garden is done. Now I have a wedding to go to. I think I'll fall asleep if I have a couple of drinks! I can't wait for a lie in or an early night!

No comments: