Cardiff Council and Llandaff North Residents' Association have a show garden at the RHS show Cardiff 2012. Afterwards, the garden will be moved to its permanent site in Llandaff North.

21 April 2012

Day 2 of the show

On site at 9.15am with LNRA committee member Louise. The weather was glorious to start, then showers, but brightened up in the afternoon.

John Morley and I posing for our staff magazine 'Pawb'

We keep getting great comments and feedback from the public - in fact I haven't heard one negative comment, and it's amazing seeing people photographing our garden. The colour scheme and planting is really popular, and today the buzz was about the stocks grown by Cardiff council nursery.




 Great to see more people from Llandaff North, along with friends and my work colleagues John Morley, Linda Boyce, Jen Hancock and Linda Tyson. We also had off-duty visits from Colin, Ben and Anthony too. The head of Cardiff Council parks dept, Jon Maidment, was also spotted 'keeping it real' by litter-picking!

 My camera battery is slowly packing up, so I only managed a few photos today. The judges suggested that I take photos from the garden - to show the public interest in it.

I still haven't been around the showground yet as I've been too busy manning the garden! Hoping to get an hour or two tomorrow. I've made some great contacts at the show, talking to other designers and contractors.

The break down of the gardens starts tomorrow, and I'm sure I'll shed a tear, or possibly fully-blown sobbing! Am bound to embarrass myself!

No comments: